Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Jingle Belles Layers, Paper Players Sketch, Christmas Card Challenge Photo Inspiration Combined

I don't think I've done this before.  Combined three challenges that is.  But they kind of all came together synchronistically. 

The Jingle Belles wanted layers - at least 3.  Then there was the inspiration photo from Christmas Card Challenge 13 - I had this SU set I hadn't used yet with these great trees.  And in my feed I saw the sketch from the Paper Players which caught my eye because it pulled it all together with the layers and the color and how I could use that tree.

I wish I had a source for paper the color of the inspiration photo, but I didn't so I decided to use all of the dark purples that I did have on hand. I hope you see colors that look well together because they do IRL, but computers differ so much, especially with dark purples and dark blues.  I checked this out on my screen at work and it didn't look quite as nice.  That makes me sad a little.  

Christmas Card Challenges #13

And I took a little close-up so you could see the stars embossed on that Concord Crush panel.  I used a word bubble die trimmed down for the sentiment.  I was trying to find some silver ribbon to use instead of the purple glitter ribbon, but it was not to be.  Then after I finished the card I looked over at my stash of washi tape and saw my silver tape that would have been perfect. Have you ever done that?  Doesn't matter now though because I do like the way this came out without it.



So here is the recipe for this card:

Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Stamps:  SU Wonderland
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Concord Crush, VersaMark
Additional:  SU Star EF, Silver EP, Word Bubbles Framelits, 2" and 1 3/4" circle punches,
Celebrate It Glitter Ribbon

And the links to the challenges so you can join me in admiring all the other creations!

Jingle Belles - All Bundled Up
Paper Players - PP284 Sketch

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous done in all those shade of purple! Striking holiday card! Glad you joined us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really pretty purple trees! Great card. You really rocked this sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do not be sad ..The colours show up beautifully . The card is a stunner . Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! I LOVE this card Lorraine!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the gorjuss colours, and they come together so well! The tree's are just right...everything is just perfect! Love it:-)
    Sunshine, New Zealand
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorraine, this is gorgeous! I love all the beautiful shades of purple! Thank you for making my sketch challenge shine at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so vibrant and rich looking! The colors are so bold and just beautiful. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning purple card ... awesome use of the sketch too ... so very glad you got bundled-up with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty....I love the non-traditional colors from the inspiration photo, and you did an awesome job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the colours you've used are absolutely fabulous - so warm, rich and elegant. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the design and your use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazingly lovely holiday card! Outstanding take on the sketch & inspo and such a great use of layers! thank you for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.