Wednesday, June 24, 2015

ICAD 2015 - Week 3

The theme, or choice of media/creation for week 3 was collage.  I fell behind on this week it being the last week of school and all the extra activities I had piled into it. But, thinking ahead, as I was trading out the notes from this month last year to be shredded and replacing them with the notes from this month this year in the filing cabinet I decided to go through those piles of notes and salvage the artwork from the notepads the notes were sent in on.  And, since the box of shredding in the closet had not yet been removed, I took a few extra......some time to go through a couple previous month's and do the same thing.  This left me with a nice little stack of printed artwork that I thought I might be able to use for the prompts this week.  Let's see how I did.

Day 15 - Route 66
Never been on it, but I imagine that since it spans several states that there must be a picket fence and a sunflower field in one of them.  Background don in Prismacolor pencils.


Day 16 - Greeting Card
These are all salvaged graphics with the exception of the little bit of yellow tissue paper.  And a handwritten sentiment. 


Day 17 - Wabi-Sabi
Do I know what that is?  Didn't then, do now.  Something that embodies asymmetry and rustic simplicity.  There is no symmetry here in shape or form or layout.  Nor in the similiarity of soft nature (butterflies) and hard nature (metal key).  There are two pieces of two different kinds of cardboard drink sleeves also adding texture.  On the one I swiped a metallic Prismacolor pencil over it to define the raised areas more.


Day 18 - Tree House
Washed a watercolor sky across the card for a background using my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils then added the collaging bits for a very literal "Tree House" with a floral roof, of course!


Day 19 - Snowglobe
Let's think outside the, er, snowglobe..... where all the shaking is going on.  


Day 20 - Color Wheel
Did not those owl eyes provide the best area for my color wheels! Done in Stabilo markers.


Day 21 - 1970
The 70's were all about those vibrant colors and patterns.  I used the clipped corners from the notes and in-between added some more flowers and leaves again with the Stabilo markers.


Okay, so I'm all "catched-up".  

I've been enjoying a little "staycation" this week.  And I do mean enjoying.  I have managed to clear some clutter, finish some projects, and reconnect with some friends.  And there's more on the agenda for the rest of the week, so let me get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.