Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Jingle Belles - We Wish You a Merry Sketch-mas Sketching Around the Christmas Tree


I had two ideas for this sketch which would have kept me up to the count with my cards but I only got one done so far ......


I used three different embossing folders for my background panel and added a dividing line of this cool woven ribbon I found in my ribbon stash.  And then I added this die cut poinsettia.  I curled the petals to give it some height and dimension.  The center is a trimmed down star with some liquid paper dots.  


I love this die, actually I love most of my dies and the only thing that I find a drawback about using them is the little paper "hairs" that you get when you punch out all the pieces.  The more openings in the die, the hairier it gets!  I usually sit there with an Exacto knife and scrape the openings and then turn the piece over and take a stiff stencil brush to the back of it to whisk away any stragglers.

Okay the, time to get this posted over at the Jingle Belles blog and to see what the other lovely ladies have created for this wonderful sketch (btw - great sketch Steph!).

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! how did i miss this last night? apologies, missus! this is GORGEOUS and i love that you divided the panels with that pretty trim, and also made each one distinctive by embossing it with a different folder! that is just SO TOTALLY BRILLIANT! love this! as always, you think of a totally unique way to make our JINGLE BELLES prompts look awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning bloom ... so very glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lacy openwork poinsettia is just beautiful, Lorraine. Lovely use of the sketch with all the different embossing on each panel.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.