Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hello and Thinking of You - PP240 (2)




I mentioned that I had another idea for this color challenge and tonight I got a little extra time to put it on paper.  I just love these Essential by Ellen dies!  So using my Gorgeous Grunge stamp I added some splats in VersaMark and in the paper colors to the papers before I die cut the flowers and leaves just to give them some interest.  The center-most flower was popped up for a little more dimension.  I also added the grunge to the card base and then used another die cut "hello" for my sentiment in a tone-on-tone way.  All I did with that was press it into my VersaMark ink pad before I added it to the card.  Yes, this color combination was a lot of fun to play with.

Also having fun with a bunch of stamp sets to put together this "Thinking of You"/get well card for a male friend.  I feld butterflies and flowers were definitely out, but leaves were fair game.  


I used The Open Sea, Choose Happiness, Butterfly Basics, Wetlands, and Gorgeous Grunge again. And the ink choices were Pistachio Pudding (which is so faint you can barely see it), Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, and the sentiment is in Chocolate Chip.  All stamped on a base of Very Vanilla.

Please say a prayer for my cousin's husband who underwent some serious surgery earlier this week. Last I heard everything went well, but he has a long road ahead of him.  

3 comments:

  1. I love those dies too Lorraine - and you have used them beautifully to create this bold flower card for your second entry into our challenge this week. Your second card is lovely too, a perfect pick me up - sending get well wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery. Thanks for joining in with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in the top card - a welcome feel of Spring and happiness.
    I also love the collage stamping on the lower card. For some reason it puts me in mind of the Retiform card you sent me, which is still up on my shelf; I think it's the way you mix and match different sets to such great effect on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I haven't seen this die before but what a wonderful flower it makes! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.