Saturday, January 3, 2015

Clean Up in Aisle? and a Swan Thing

Well, not the aisle but the table.  I attempted to clean up my work table on New Year's day and found a whole boatload of project discards so I decided that on the first of the month (hopefully for the rest of the year), I will try to make something out of those discards.

So I found this base of Crumb Cake and a strip of Basic Black, a little piece of Soft Suede and some lace punched Whisper White.  A torn piece of Bermuda Bay and a feather of Soft Sky.  A spray of Pistachio leaves and an embossed Strawberry slush piece and it took longer to find the staples for my new SU hand stapler than it did to layer all these pieces together with what looks like one staple, but truthfully, the bigger pieces are snailed down.  


I've got another pile of stuff to work with for something else to share in the future.

We were down in Barnegat and LBI for New Year's Eve and made a quick trip home first thing in the morning on New Year's day.  (First thing being closer to 10 a.m. due to the partying the night before which I'll post about in a bit.)

On the way out we passed the bay beach and there, besides new construction on the beach which has us a little baffled, were swans.  Lots of them.  HWNSNBP offered to turn around so I could take pictures.



There were many more that didn't fit in the picture and they were just lazily floating along.

I've come across a couple of swan-themed links in the last couple of days that I'd like to share.  The first is a Youtube video of how to turn an apple into a swan .  The author makes it look pretty easy. And then there's a project using the curvy box die which I only have a picture of

2014 Laurie LaRose the dies from Flower Fair for the head, the body is the '2' from the retired Simple Bigz Alphabet (I had considered if double punching an oval might work, then went looking for a Question Mark die I thought I had...and delighted to spy the 2) The feathers are our new Feather die. I added in petals from Flower Fair. I think you could use all Feathers, or all Flower Fair petal. small eye dot from the Owl punch. The little crown was just hand cut and which is making me want to do some kind of swan-themed party or something.  Maybe I'll be searching Pinterest for a few more swan ideas a little later today.  I'm having my mother and godmother over for lunch on Monday and this might be something fun.   I'm open to ideas.

Okay, more cleaning to do and hopefully a lot more crafting this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.