Saturday, November 29, 2014

November Card Catch Up


This card above and below was made for a friend of ours who celebrated his 60th birthday this month.  Part of our Table 7 crew and the last of the men to reach 60.  That means the ladies are next starting in March.  It will be another year to celebrate 60 years.  

I used the retiform technique to be able to use different themes that depicted his interests.  And it was bigger than normal to accommodate all that - 8" x 8".  


And sadly I had to make a sympathy card this month for some friends whose adult children had a car accident and one of them didn't make it.  How my heart is aching for them.  They are friends of my daughter and we've known them for a long time and they're still kids to me.  I can't even begin to imagine what their family is going through and I really didn't have the words.



A blogging friend recently had double knee replacement surgery and since she always makes me smile with her humorous and poignant posts, I sent her a box of sunshine. (I hope you're seeing a honey colored card and not the intense greenish gold that I am seeing.  Don't know if it's the camera or my computer?)


Okay, it's time to count the Christmas cards in my box and see how many more I need to create.  Luckily, thanks to the Jingle Belles challenges I am way ahead of where I would be if I hadn't taken part this year.  One more challenge this week and we'll be done until January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.