When I saw this sketch two weeks ago (yes, it was posted two weeks ago) I thought it would be pretty easy to put something together and started thinking about the possibilities. Really, I did. But then I decided I wasn't going to procrastinate getting my St. Patrick's Day project done, and told myself that it was a pretty sketch and it was going to be a one, two, three project. It could wait. And I should mention that I had developed this pain in my shoulder and my thumb and first finger were going numb. So throw in a dr. visit, a physical therapy evaluation for a pinched nerve and now, twice weekly pt sessions after work.
I finished the St. Paddy's project (more on that in another post) and thought some more on the sketch and got turned in another direction with a technique challenge that I saw that I wanted to try. But I was still pondering the sketch.
Then Rachel came home this weekend to wish her father a happy 60th birthday and, oops, oh yes, I had to make him a birthday card. But I kept thinking about the sketch.
I had a plan. I knew what I needed. Problem was I just couldn't find it. A die. A very small die. A pine bough die. I should have started to look for it on Sunday when there was daylight up in the stamp cave. But I had to finish the birthday card.
Monday was HWNSNBP's birthday and he was gracious enough to let me wander upstairs to continue to work on this card. You know looking for something often turns into rearranging and reorganizing and purging. Some might call that productive procrastination, but as time flew by, the false joy I was feeling from that "productive procrastination" was quickly turning to frustration. I gave up. It would have to wait until the next day after pt.
Yesterday, I had exactly 10 mins to look for it between getting home to change and leaving for pt. Thankfully there was daylight.... in more ways than one. I located the die I had in mind and was relishing in the fact that there were leftovers from the last time I used it and that would save time today when I actually started the card.
I knew what colors I was using, they were going to be chocolate chip, garden green, and cream, with gold because I had this brown ribbon and gold-glittered wooden snowflake that I was going to use.
Then I realized that the snowflake was way too large and it would cover up more of the tree than I wanted. So I quickly made another plan and came up with this fabricated snowflake-center star on gold. The brown ribbon didn't work - needed more gold. And guess what........... I didn't even use the pieces of the die that I had spent all that time looking for.
Oh, but I did find all my camera software disks that I thought I had lost.